Wednesday, July 12, 2006

News from the cold #2

the sky is grey, the sand is grey, and the ocean is grey.
i feel right at home in this stunning monochrome, alone in my way.
i smoke and i drink and every time i blink i have a tiny dream.
but as bad as i am i'm proud of the fact that i'm worse than i seem.
what kind of paradise am i looking for?
i've got everything i want and still i want more.
maybe some tiny shiny thing will wash up on the shore.
you walk through my walls like a ghost on tv.
you penetrate me and my little pink heart is on its little brown raft floating outto sea.
and what can i say but i'm wired this way and you're wired to me,
and what can i do but wallow in you unintentionally?
what kind of paradise am i looking for?
i've got everything i want and still i want more.
maybe some tiny shiny key will wash up on the shore.
regretfully, i guess i've got three simple things to say:
why me? why this now? why this way?
overtone's ringing,undertow's pulling away under a sky that is grey on sand that is grey by an ocean that's grey.
Ani DiFranco - "Grey"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home